ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED CMA LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGING OPPORTUNITY? We are a growing and busy Specialty medical practice looking for an experienced CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT. Candidate must hold a current, verifiable Certified Medical Assistant certificate with State of New Jersey registration number. This is a full time position Monday through Friday. Applicant must be flexible with work schedule. Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Masks must be worn during all work hours. Work and patient areas are frequently sanitized.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Duties:
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Transfers calls or takes and delivers accurate messages, according to office policies, when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Answers questions and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; preparing patients for x-rays
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Exceptional human relations skills with the ability to create a trustworthy and comfortable environment for patients.
- Ability to communicate in a calm, orderly and non-threatening manner.
- Ability to maintain an outgoing, friendly attitude with patients and staff even under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients who have special needs.
- Must be proficient in computer skills
Requirements: Must be in good physical condition able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position. Candidate must hold a current, verifiable Certified Medical Assistant certificate with State of New Jersey registration number. Must have prior medical assistant experience. Good personal hygiene with no visible tattoos or piercings. (Pierced earlobes are acceptable).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Highly competitive starting hourly wage of $18.00 to $20.00/hr. Company health benefits, paid sick time, paid vacation time, 401k plan.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Work and patient areas are frequently sanitized.
- medical assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
Work Location: One location
Copyright © 2023 Arthritis & Rheumatology Associates of South Jersey, P.C., all rights reserved.
2848 South Delsea Drive, Suite 2C, Vineland, NJ 08360 (856) 794-9090